Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Review | Max & More: two eyeshadow palettes

Hi Lovelies,

Today I have a review about two budget palettes for you. Let's have a look:



I bought them at Action for about 2 euro each. Considering their price this could either be a hit or miss. After hearing about a few good super budget palettes, I couldn't resist trying them.


They come in this cardboard and plastic packaging. Once removed they reveal a cheap plastic housing and 12 shadows each. The colour selection seems good and I was really excited to swatch them.

First up the palette for blue eyes:
I was sure I was going to like the top row as I like nude colour, but these were a little more to the orange side than what I'm used to. The bottom row was what sparked my interest as I know green complements a blue eye but I just never really gravitate towards green. I thought this palette was the perfect way to test it out.

But oh boy was I disappointed! This is the top row. Hardly any pigmentation! The first 2 colours didn't even show up!

This is the bottom row. It's just pathetic. They all seem the same washy shade.


But bad pigmentation can be helped if the product stays on and takes to the skin. This however did not. There is massive fall out. This is one swipe and the palette was covered in shadow. Also the whole place where I was swatching them had a light shadow dusting. When I was swiping the brush over my skin there was a big powder/dust cloud each time.

For the nude palette it wasn't much better:

The first row didn't show up but the bottom row was the best one out of all of them.


Hadn't it been for the massive mess it makes I would have used the bottom row on occasion.

Well that for trying a really budget palette. You win some, you lose some, I guess.

Have any of you had a big let-down with a product, budget or otherwise?

Lots of Love
Ellenore

No comments:

Post a Comment