Sunday, 25 May 2014

DIY Miniature Garden

Hi everyone,

I've always wanted my own miniature garden, but never really found the time to do it. I actually want a big miniature garden, but hey, let's start small. It's miniature after all ;-).

So today I finally made myself a miniature garden.




I made a miniature garden with fake flowers, a fake bird shaped tree/buxus, real reindeer moss and some small dried plants. It even has its own miniature garden gnome ;-).


It's very easy to create, you just collect some plants (real or fake), one or more ornaments, some moss or grass, green metal wire, a basket or something else to put the garden in, floral foam and tools like scissors, a knife, ...


You cut the floral foam to the shape of the container/basket and then you move the plants and ornaments around until you're pleased with how it looks.


Next you fill up the gaps with moss or grass and make sure everything stays in place with the green metal wire. And you're done!



Here are some more close-ups of the fake flowers and the miniature garden gnome (which is actually a tealight!)







I put the garden gnome's twin brother next to a small flower carpet that's in my cabinet display.


I hope you liked my post?

Lilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment