Sunday, 6 April 2014

Travel | Edinburgh Day 1 & 2

Hi lovelies,


As promised the Edinburgh post!
As I started typing these up, I noticed they became very long as I had so much to tell and I didn’t even go into everything we did yet. I didn’t think it kind of fitted on this blog so I’ve shortened them considerably and just let the pictures do most of the talking. For people wanting to read all of my babbling the full articles are over on Peanut+Monkey.



We traveled to Edinburgh by plane. We flew Ryanair and despite all the negative reviews we fared well. Just follow their rules and you’ll be fine.



Our first day  actually consisted of traveling. We took the train to get to Charleroi where we took the plane. Once in Edinburgh, we took the Airlink bus to the city center and from there it was only a short walk to the hostel. We stayed  at Edinburgh Backbackers on Cockburn Street and honestly we can’t complain. They were friendly, we had a nice room and it was very quiet at night. We made ourselves comfortable in our room and unpacked a bit before heading out to a nearby Tesco to get some dinner. We went to that Tesco quite a few times during our trip.



Next day was shopping day. We went to Princess street and got carried away in Boots, Superdrug, Primark… but we started our spree in Whittard: a much love shop ever since I set foot in the UK 5 years ago.  Their instant teas are legend, at least in our tiny group. They generally also have the nicest staff. I also can’t get over how friendly the shop assistants in all of Edinburgh were. Some were friendly but others down right made my day by just being kind and doing just that bit more than their job.


When back at our hostel we set about tapping our first  ever shop log! We were out of our depth and did everything in one very long take and did probably everything wrong you can do while filming but we had a lot of fun doing it. After that we just tuckered up, ready for day 3 of the trip.

I’m going to close off here. I think I’ve gone on long enough especially since this is supposed to be the short version.

Lots of Love                                
Ellenore

No comments:

Post a Comment